- The Joint Service Unit (UMS) TWB, under the triple administrative stewardship of INRAE/INSA/CNRS, is managed by its director of UMS and its founding director and organised into business and support services.
- TWB is based on a private/public members consortium that sets the guidelines through its Strategic Steering Committee.
At the consortium level
The strategic steering committee
TWB consortium is supervised by a Strategic Steering Committee (SSC). This committee is in charge, with a public and private parity, of defining the roadmap of TWB and selecting public research projects. It is a source of proposals and reflection.
It is chaired by Jean-Claude Lumaret (Chief Executive Officer Carbios) and co-chaired by Monique Axelos (Scientific Director for Food and Bioeconomy INRAE) and Nicolas Seeboth (Research Director Polymers and Chemical Additives Michelin).
Two advisory committees support the SSC on the monitoring of research projects: the scientific advisory board and the ethics & sustainable development committee.
The scientific advisory board
Chaired by Professor Merja Penttilä (VTT Technical Research Centre), iIt consists of 7 members who annually examine the different research projects (non industrial) led by TWB and advise on quality and scientific relevance:
- Uwe T. BORNSCHEUER – Professor University of Greifswald – Germany
- Rajni HATTI-KAUL – Professor University of Lund, Sweden
- Bruno JARRY – President of the French Academy of Technology, France
- Akihiko KONDO – Professor University of Kobe, Japan – Head « Innovative Biotechnology Kobe (iBioK) »
- Merja PENTTILÄ – Professor Biotechnology Bioproducts, Finland – VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- John WOODLEY – Professor DTU Copenhagen, Denmark
- Huimin ZHAO – Centennial Chair Professor University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
The ethics & sustainable development committee
Chaired by Rector Thierry Magnin (Université Catholique de Lyon), it consists of 7 members who are solicited on matter concerning the ethical, social and environmental public research projects:
- Bernard BAERSCHI – Professor, Geneva University, Switzerland
- Bernadette BENSAUDE-VINCENT– Professor, Paris Ouest University, France
- Alain-Michel BOUDET – Emeritus Professor, Toulouse University, France
- Alain KAUFMAN – Director « Interface Sciences-Society », Lausanne University, Switzerland
- Thierry MAGNIN – Rector, Université Catholique de Lyon, France
- François MONNET – Advanced Technologies Director, Solvay, France
- Nathalie NASR – Lecturer & Hospital practitioner, Toulouse Hospital, France
At the TWB level
The TWB team consists of:
- a core team ensuring direction, administration and management of the technical facilities;
- and a group of researchers (mostly post-doctoral) and technical staff who are recruited on TWB R&D projects.
The executive committee
The executive committee is the strategic and managerial instance of TWB. It is directly linked to the strategic steering committee of the consortium.
It is composed of:
Olivier ROLLAND – Managing Director
Jean-Luc BLANC – Joint service unit director & Director Finances & administration
Olivier GALY – Director Operations and projects
Laurie REY – Director Business
Fayza DABOUSSI – Director Life Sciences
Véronique PAQUET – Director Communication & public affairs
The executive committee takes advice from the extended executive committee where managers from TWB technical platforms, business development, HR, purchase and quality are represented.